The following rules and regulations are for the protection and benefit of all members. Parents are requested to caution their children to follow all rules and abide by the instructions of the Pool Manager, Assistant Pool Manager, Lifeguards and Board Officials. Any failure to comply with these rules shall be considered sufficient cause for immediate suspension of all pool privileges for a period from (1) to seven (7) days and can also be considered sufficient cause for cancellation of Coppermine Swim Club (CSC) membership.
1) All persons use the pool at their own risk. CSC will not be responsible for any incident or injury in connection with use of the pool or the facilities. Parents, guardians or childcare providers are responsible for their children and their actions both in and out of the fenced area.
2) An adult or childcare provider must accompany children under the age of 12 at all times and children 12 and over who do not meet the requirements of #3 below. Children under the age of 12 and not accompanied by their parent are not allowed to bring guests. If accompanied by a childcare provider, the parents must leave a note with the Pool Manager or head lifeguard stating who is responsible for the child(ren).
3) Each Family is required to have on file annually an Emergency Treatment Form. Members’ children, 12 years of age and upwho can swim the length of the pool non-stop and tread water or do rest stroke for one minute as verified by a lifeguard,are permitted to attend the pool unaccompanied by an adult. Parents must complete aPermission Form and give it to the PoolManager annually before the child(ren) is/are allowed to stay unaccompanied. These forms are available on the Club’s website under Pool Information.
4) Beginning swimmers are not allowed to use the diving area until they can swim the length of the pool non-stop and tread water or do rest stroke for one minute as verified by a lifeguard and then have their name recorded on file for the season. An exception to this rule will be permitted when a beginning swimmer is under the direct supervision of an in-the-water adult acceptable to the guard on duty in the dive tank area and the child is using the diving board.
5) No general swimming will be permitted in the area of the diving board without express consent of the lifeguard on duty.
6) Only non-swimmers may use personal flotation devices. In addition, the non-swimmer must be within arm’s reach of an adult swimmer. Non-swimmers must use the pool under the direct supervision of an in-the-water adult who is acceptable to the guard on duty in that area.
7) Absolutely no glass or sharp objects of any kind allowed on the premises.
8) No pushing, no wrestling, no rough-play or undue disturbances are allowed on premises.
9) No running or ball playing on pool deck area.
10) Balls, floats, oversized toys, tubes, or kick boards may be used only at the discretion of the Pool Manager, Assistant Pool Manager or Lifeguards.
11) Eating is allowed in designated areas only (tables on grass) and is never permitted on the deck.
12) No pets are allowed anywhere on the premises.
13) No abusive language permitted.
14) Lounge chairs are for the use of adult members and their adult guests only.
15) Use of the wading pool is limited to non-swimming children aged 5 and under, who must be attended by an adult at all times. There is no dedicated lifeguard assigned to the wading pool. Non-swimmers must use the pool under direct supervision of an adult. A lifeguard may be located at the main pool and/or front entrance.
16) Children who are not toilet trained must wear approved swim diapers (no regular diapers) and rubber pants while in the pool.
17) No chewing gum is allowed on the premises.
18) Anyone with skin disease, skin abrasions, open wounds, sore or inflamed eyes, nasal or ear discharge, coughs, colds, infectious diseases or any communicable diseases is prohibited from using the pool. Expectorating or blowing nose in pool is prohibited.
19) The Pool Manager, Assistant Pool Manager or Board Members have the authority to close the pool when maintenance work is required which cannot be scheduled outside of pool hours.
20) Swimming shall be prohibited during electrical storms, when thunder can be heard, or when otherwise deemed unsafe by the Pool Manager, Assistant Manager or Lifeguards.
21) The CSC is not responsible for any loss or damage to personal property.
22) Radios are permitted so long as the operation does not disturb other members.
23) All members shall use extreme caution and drive slowly when entering or leaving CSC grounds. Vehicles will be driven only on the prescribed driveways and parking area. An Overflow Parking area is provided on the grass near the basketball court.
24) These rules may be revised, modified or expanded at any time by the Executive Board.
25) The Pool Manager, Assistant Pool Manager, Lifeguards & Board Members have the authority to enforce these rules.
26) All members & guests shall respect the authority of the Pool Manager, Assistant Pool Manager and Lifeguards.
27) Guest Policy: a. Members must sign-in all guests upon entering the pool. b. A guest may come only ten (10) times per season regardless of sponsoring member that brings that guest. All guests must be accompanied by a member fourteen (14) or over. c. Teenagers may bring a maximum of two (2) guests without an adult. d. Pool members are responsible for their guests' conduct and are responsible for any damage to pool club caused by guests. e. A guest may go to and from the pool throughout the day.
28) Guest Fee: $5.00 Fees are payable the day they are incurred; there will be no guest fees billed at the end of the season.
29) NO SMOKING ALLOWED WITHIN THE FENCED POOL AREA.
30) No fins, snorkels or any underwater breathing devices are to be used in the pool.
31) All suggestions and complaints must be in writing and sent to the Executive Board or placed in the suggestion box.
Party Fees & Policy
1. Parties must be reserved in advance with the Pool Manager only. Please try to do this during regular hours. If the manager is not available, a note may be left with your request at the guard table.
2. $50.00 Non-Refundable Party Fee must be paid within two days of booking or the reservation is automatically cancelled. The party fee helps to offset the cost of an additional lifeguard to ensure water safety for all swimmers.
3. Guest Fees apply to all party guests (exception - adults not swimming but monitoring their children are not considered party guests) and are in addition to the party fee.
4. Guest fees are due and payable at the time of the party.
5. Only one party is allowed per time slot for all days.
PARTY FEE: $50.00 and a signed party agreement
PARTY HOURS: Saturday & Sunday Noon to 3:00 PM OR 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM; Monday thru Friday 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM OR 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM